Below is a list of 40 Writing prompts. I hope you find them useful.
1. Write about an imaginary world and populate it with made up races of beings .
2. Write a note to a friend that helped you through a tough time in your life .
3. Think about how History would have changed if only one or two things where different
4. write down a nightmare you once had.
5. Write about a childhood toy.
6. Write out the best thing that ever happened to you.
7. Write out the worst thing that ever happened to you.
8. Why are we here……..,
9. Where did we come from…..
10. What causes people to be attracted to each other
11. Why do people sometimes instantly dislike each other
12. Write about a day you’d like to forget.
13. What would life be like for you if you where born in a third world country
14. Describe an event that changed your life forever.
15. Think about someone who is a hero to you and explain why.
16. Write about a turning point in your life
17. Imagine yourself in a different century and describe an average day in your life.
18. Which character from a book or movie would you most like to meet and why?
19. Goals I have set for myself are…
20. What would you do if the zombie apocalypse really happened?
21. If you could only save one person in the world who would it be and why
22. What would you do if you could make yourself invisible?
23. What would your pet say if he/she could talk?
24. What do you think the future will be like?
25. What would you do if you could travel into the past?
26. What would you do if you won the lottery?
27. What would happen if all the electricity in the world just stopped?
28. Where would you go if you could travel free to anyplace in the world?
29. What would your life be like if you would have married your childhood crush?
30. Write a list of all the things that make you feel good.
31. Write a list of all the things that make you feel sad.
32. Who is a famous person from history that you would most like to meet and talk to?
33. Write about what you think it must be like to do something you have never done.
34. Think about how others perceive you and why those perceptions are true or false
38. What would you do if you had magical powers
39. Write about what you think life is like for your socio-economic opposite and then ponder the truth or falsehoods of your conceptions
40. Write about what your perception of how your significant other see’s you and then compare notes with them to see if you are right.